Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Downer Day and Doing Something Fun...



Well, we are now at FIVE MONTHS of waiting. We are trying to keep focused on God's plan and His timing in the whole equation but it is hard not to keep asking "How long, Lord?". (I'm finding myself a big fan of U2 right now). Yesterday was a DOWNER DAY. We had yet another conversation with our agency and were told that they have no news for us at this time. The feelings run the gamet: frustration, exasperation, exhaustion, confusion. I just feel "flattened" by the whole thing. It makes me want to give up. Maybe that's just one of my character flaws that God is working on. I noticed this last night when we went to a hip new restaurant that just opened in our town. (It should be noted here that we didn't really fit in because we really aren't that hip!). We had to wait in a long line to get access to the rooftop bar. Midway through waiting in line, I told Davis that the wait (especialy in heels) just wasn't worth it to me. If things involve long waits (ex. Disneyland - really any amusement park!, hip new restaurant, parking at the mall at Christmas), I often find myself incredibly disinterested. There is always another restaurant where the food will be decent enough and I can sit my butt down right away. I was struck by the swanky-bar/adoption parallel as I was heading to bed last night. Bottom line right now? Don't ask us if we know anything about our adoption. That appears to be the question no one will answer right now.

In order not to be a total downer, I thought it might be fun to share a pic of something recently that I did relevant to the adoption. There is very little we CAN do, but this was one thing. Based on advice I got on another adoptive family's blog, I shopped the end of season summer sales for stuff to collect to take with us to the orphanages in Ethiopia. We are required to bring several suitcases of humanitarian aid to meet the many needs of the orphans in orphanages in the country. My dear friend Marla, who came for a visit this summer, and I spent two days hitting up all the discount shops in town (Old Navy has BY FAR the best deals!). We came home with several BAGS full of little clothes and shoes for under $100. Pretty cool! I also picked up a shirt for our daughter that says something about her daddy being hot! Here's a fun pic of Marla and our bags of loot from that adventure.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the downer day...I know you guys must be frustrated. I'm glad the retail therapy helped! Know we continue to pray for your kiddos. Love, Steph