Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!

Just one year ago today, we celebrated a bit of a mournful Christmas having just found out that we did not pass court and would have to wait several more months to have our case heard again in Ethiopian court. Today, we celebrated our first Christmas as a "forever family" - finally complete (at least for now...) with our two precious daughters. Oh come let us adore Him who is faithful to complete the good works He begins.


There is much to be say by way of reflection on our first Christmas season together. That will have to wait for another post after we have slept off today's festivities. We have all been living in Boogerland (sick again thanks to preschool germs!) and are headed off to bed pronto. However, I can't close the day without sharing the one gift that brought tears to my eyes. My parents gave us this early this morning as a family gift. I had no idea what was going to be in the box and just started crying when I pulled this out (and that type of a response is unusual for me). I had been so hoping to find something like this but didn't have any luck locally and didn't have the time in the midst of everything else that was going on this year to scour the Internet before Christmas. It was touching to see a Mary who looks like my little girls and a version of the Christmas story that embraces my children. Thanks, Mom and Dad. We will cherish this always as a reminder of the first Christmas we celebrated Jesus' birth together with the children He birthed for us in our hearts. Merry Christmas to all of you who have shared in our story of God's faithfulness! Your love and support have meant so much to us over this last monumental year in our lives. Thank you for being a part of journey to family.

2 comments:

Lora said...

beautiful! Please give your parents our best. Love, Lora

Zoe said...

Merry Christmas to you all! I would love to know where your parents found that nativity scene... What a special gift!