Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Camping"

We set off on a grand family adventure over long holiday weekend taking the girls up to the mountains for our second annual 4th of July family "camping" trip with some dear family friends. (Ok, so we were in a cabin with a flush toilet but still...) We had a wonderful relaxing time. It's hard to believe we are starting to have "second annual" events with our little ladies. How time flies when you are having fun (or really exhausted all the time - sometimes we are not sure which is operating in our case). I had grand visions of catching up on my blogging given that we were supposed to have wifi on the deck at our "camp site". Sadly, the wifi was down last weekend so I continue to find myself further and further behind in my blogging life, having had numerous funny, serious, silly and sad posts rattling around in my head for weeks. I am realizing that you have to choose your platform to advocate for orphans. There are those who have amazing influential voices here in the blog world and there are others who are working outside of the virtual domain on so many orphan projects that we find our blogging personas becoming more and more ephemeral. There are also those Incredibles who somehow manage to do both. For my part, I just can't seem to effectively straddle the demands of the virtual and the "real" these days. I miss you, Sweet Blog. Maybe someday I will come back here and stay awhile. For now, here are just a few pics from our trip. Slideshow to follow...




(How stoked is my entire family - Grizzley Adams included - about the $1.00 poppers purchased on a last-minute whim from CVS?)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We camped for the 4th too! However, we did not have a flush toilet...or a shower. Soooo, I will not be posting any pictures from our trip :)

Keep up the good work advocating for orphans. Amazing. You are amazing. I'm sure you feel worn out (you know, juggling work, family, etc - you have your hands full!) but your hard work is for eternal things. That, my friend, is amazing.

Jaime & Kelly said...

cute pics!

Zoe said...

Great pics -- and you certainly make exhaustion look fantastic :-)