Saturday, July 17, 2010

So you want to hear something REALLY crazy?

It appears that I will be leaving for Ghana in just two weeks. An opportunity for our ministry presented itself that we all agreed was one that God had obviously provided. I will be working with several local pastors serving in an orphanage of 25 kids, all orphaned as result of AIDS. We have been looking to develop a long-range collaborative relationship where we can support believers on the ground as they care for orphans in Africa. The connection we have made for this trip may allow us to do just that. We are also hoping that our ministry may be able to play a role in helping find forever families for these particular children. It is going to be a CRAZY push to make everything happen that needs to happen before I leave. Super Dad is going to hold down the fort in my absence along with help from Gammy and Poppa. Our family would so appreciate your prayers as we take what feels like a HUGE step of faith. Our team has been asked by the pastor we will be working with to bring vitamins for the children. I will be traveling with three amazing girls from another church in town. We are going to cram as many vitamins as we can into our suitcases. We will also be providing monetary support to help feed the kids as the orphanage is very poor. If you have a heart for African orphans, or perhaps Ghana in particular, and would like to send financial support along with me, you are welcome to do so. We will actually be purchasing the food when we get there and driving it TEN HOURS (ouch.) to the village, along with a medical team who will provide the children with deworming, medical care, etc. If you feel moved to donate, feel free to email me at the address here on the blog. I will happily post pictures upon my return to show how your money was a blessing.

Thanks in advance for your prayer support. It is much needed. I am not the most spontaneous person around (it take me 2 hours to pack for a weekend away - at my parents' house!) so just jumping on a plane to Africa is a stretch, but it is a door that we feel God has opened so we are stepping through it.

Still not sure how I'm going to manage not seeing these faces for a week...


5 comments:

We Are Family said...

That is totally CRAZY but I LOVE it! God is sooo cool. I'll be praying!

Sparkz said...

This is great! God is in control so things will happen as you least expect them! Enjoy your trip. I pray it's safe and you don't get sick!!
Also for your husband as he stay's home w/the girls!!!

Zoe said...

Wow! Will definitely be praying for the safety and success of your trip and ministry, and for the family eagerly waiting for you at home.

Unknown said...

Sarah this is AWESOME and soooo exciting!! I just want to jump I'm so thrilled about this. And if you are going to try to match these nuggets with forever families, please let me know because we are very seriously researching our next adoption and Ghana is in our research! So who knows!! :) It sounds AMAZING!

Catharinae Senensis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.