Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Fall!





Fall is finally here (at least fall as we Californians understand it). It's my favorite season for so many reasons. I love the crispness in the air. I love making soup (and eating it!). I love being able to finally pull out my sweaters and tights and boots. And now I can do that for all the girls in our house! It's really quite fun. Today we made a family visit to the local pumpkin patch. While there were not many times in my pre-kid days that made me wish I had kids with me, heading to the pumpkin patch with all of our friends and their kids year after year did make me wish at least for an hour or so that I had a kid in tow. Given that history, it was fun to go there this year - with my own kids. Later that day, I took Junia with me on a shopping trip (Eden was still asleep recovering from a friend's birthday party at Chucky Cheese - that place scares me). Junia is obsessed with matching right now and always wants to match Eden. We managed to find some sweet matching red rainboots for both of them at Nordstrom Rack on our little adventure. Junia is very astute about noticing things that match - especially colors. When we got home tonight, I took off my boots and Junia exclaimed, "Mommy! Mommy match Junia! Mommy brown like me!" I looked down and she pointed to her leg and mine. I looked down and realized that I had on brown tights and when I put my leg next to hers, it did indeed appear that we matched. I then took off my tights and asked her what color I was and she told me "Pink!". It made me want to wear my brown tights more often! At least we know that fashion dicates that pink and brown are always a great combination. They always match.


Speaking of adorable things that match, check out these dolls the girls received as a gift from a co-worker of mine.




These were made in Haiti and you can find other simlar products on a great website called The Hunger Site. When you go to the site, you can simply click to help donate free food to the hungry around the world at no charge to you. There is also a link to help orphans that is worth checking out. What a fun place to do some Christmas shopping!

6 comments:

Debi said...

Great picture!! And such a cool website connection to the Hunger Site.
Praying that your fall will be filled with joyful surprises.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Sparkz said...

Great picture! Happy fall!

Zoe said...

Great family pic and love those dolls!

Thanks for the comment on my blog... you are right that I need to trust God to give me all I/we need...

Amy said...

Oh...your girls are SO cute!! I found your blog through Brandi's and am so happy to see your family all together. We are waiting for a referral for our little boy in Ethiopia so seeing pictures of families that have been united makes my heart happy! And I LOVE the dolls! We brought some similar ones back from Uganda last month for our two girls and they love them! I'll be following your blog! Blessings, Amy

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL family picture! You guys are great parents!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a first time visitor. Your family is beautiful. I am an adoptive mom of a 2 1/2 year old boy from S. Korea. He is the light of my life. If you get a chance, check out my non profit blog and website Parenthood for Me.org. We need help spreading the word.