Monday, October 26, 2009

Orphan Sunday is Coming!

Once again, I have found myself on a brief blogging hiatus because my life is just that crazy. I have been cranking on our local Orphan Sunday event and that has been eating up any and all of my spare time. We are excited about being able to plug into the live national Orphan Sunday event as a part of what we are doing locally. We are also looking forward to being able to share our own adoption story with other prospective adoptive families. What I have realized is that to make things like this happen you really have to go through people you know that have the same heart you do. Thanks to some friends at other local churches we have managed to get the word out in our community and we are looking forward to what God is going to do on November 8th. (I'm hoping my posters in every Starbucks and Coffee Bean in town will help too!) I don't know who God is going to bring but it all it takes is one family for a child to find a home forever. At the information seminar we went to way back when, there were only two families in attendance (including us) and now we have two adopted kids! God works in amazing ways. This experience has also reminded me the importance of prayer AND action. If we have faith, our faith will be seen in how much we pray. Similarly, if we have faith, we will take action in response to that faith. So, right now, I'm praying and I'm acting (acting tends to be what I do best - it's my default). I'm praying for God to bring exactly who He wants there to hear the message of God's love for orphans.


More fall fun at a Fall Harvest Festival at a local farm!

4 comments:

Ribbens Family said...

What are you guys doing for Orphan Sunday? We are launching our Orphans Ministry this Sunday. Can't wait to hear how the Lord works! We do need to get together soon!!

Sarah and Davis said...

We will be hosting an event at our church that will provide information on how to support orphans through prayer, sponsorship and adoption. We will feature local speakers as well as be streaming portions of the live Orphan Sunday event live from Nashville. We will also have lots of adoption information available. (:

Zoe said...

Go, Sarah! Hope it's a big success!

Debi said...

Sarah and Davis,
I am so proud of you and I know God is too!!
You have gone from just wanting to be an ordinary family that blends in to realizing the amazing platform you now have as adoptive parents.
God gave you those two stunningly beautiful princesses as a blessing to you and also to allow you to share the joy and miracle of adoption with those who are open to hear.
He stretches us out of our comfort zones to experience His power and His glory.
Praying that the fabric of many families will be changed and hearts will be opened by God as you share out of trust and obedience.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi