Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This Will Make You Cry...And Call Your Social Worker

It appears that, post-conference, I am now the most unmotivated person on the planet at work. I want to be working on my 8000 ideas for our orphan ministry (!!!) and yet I will be spending tonight snuggled up with 70 term papers (notice how small the dent in the stack has been...see previous comment about no motivation). Even given that I have tons of work to do, I could not NOT share this story that happened today as Davis was driving the Big Bear to preschool. Junia told him how she had taken a trip to Gammy and Poppa's house while we went on a trip to talk about kids who have no Mommies and Daddies. She then told him very frankly and out of the blue:

"Daddy, I would share my Mommy with someone who doesn't have a Mommy."

Talk about a tear-jerker. We both got watery just talking about it at the dinner table - and we aren't those "watery" kind of people. If that doesn't make you want to call your social worker (or hop in your green van and drive right down to her office) to start another home study, I don't know what does. How many more kids can we fit in that van?

Now back to work...

10 comments:

M.O.M. said...

Makes ME cry! What a tender-hearted little girl you have..just like her Mommy. Love,MOM

M.O.M. said...

Makes ME cry! What a tender-hearted little girl you have..just like her Mommy. Love,MOM

We Are Family said...

Can't hear what comes from that.....I've said it before, I'll say it again. Our kids teach us WAY more than we could ever teach them. Blessings!

Don't beat yourself up about the lack of motivation. Sometimes God forces us to rest. Even if it is through the form of lack of motivation.

We Are Family said...

I meant to write....Can't WAIT to hear what comes from that.....

coffeemom said...

beautiful. beautiful.

Meggan Lambesis said...

What a sweet and sensitive little girl! I would definitely take it as a sign to make the call :)

BB said...

yeah Crying.. between that and reading a blog from a family that just got there referral call.. I am a mess!

Zoe said...

Wow.

sara said...

Amazing! What a sweet girl. She knows whats important already!! Makes me want to sign up again and we aren't even done with this one:) I keep praying that God would fill our house...dangerous prayer!!

The Busters said...

Yep, it made me cry! :) Sweet girl!