Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Blog is Now Live & A Tough Week

So our blog is now officially ready to be put out there for you to see! It took us quite a while to get around to doing this (we planned to do this back in January when we started with Gladney!) but we are excited about sharing our story with you and we hope you will check back often to see where we are in this process. It is a bit daunting to be a new blog in the "adoption blogosphere" given that so many of the blogs out there are SO GOOD. We have been notorious "blog lurkers" (sorry!) and we can't help but feel a bit of performance anxiety! Our blog may not be the most exciting one on the block but we do promise to do our very best to tell you our story as we walk down this road. Please make sure to check out some of our earlier posts. There are some cool videos posted there!

This week was a hard one. We got some more information from Gladney and to date we still do not have our referral. It has been 4 months. We are trying to be faithful in prayer for God's timing but it is hard not to get discouraged. The waiting process has been more difficult than we anticipated. It feels so strange to be reading so much about the desperate need for orphan relief in Africa and want to help meet that need only to be told that there is not a way for you to help right now (at least in the sense of providing children a home with us). It's just seems weird. Two things did happen this week that were special and encouraging. One is that I (Sarah) read Tom Davis' wonderful Red Letters book. What an inspiration! I LOVE that book. It is probabaly one of the most inspiring books I have ever read. I really needed to feel inspired to stay the course this week and Red Letters was perfect for that. I'm already thinking of how we can fit more kids into our house someday! Also, my dad called to share with me a scripture from Deutoromy about God blessing your family with children. I really felt like God was speaking to me in that in my specific place of need. It is so easy to forget who is running this show - especially if you are control freak like me. Hopefully someday I will learn that I am not able to control absolutely everything - as much as I would like to sometimes!

3 comments:

colleen said...

Hi! I am so excited to read your blog and totally plan on visiting often. God is really in charge- I think sometimes the control freak in me forgets that too and when I start running things He always reminds me to stop. This time it was spoken to me in your blog! thank you! xoxo-Colleen

Joy said...

What makes this blog so special is that it is about my dear friends and their next great adventure! It will be one of the best I read, because it is about the Hock family trusting in and serving our King. I throughly enjoyed what I have learned so far...this is gonna be fun. We can not wait for pictures of the children to start going up!!
Love Joy & Family

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I can't wait to meet the amazing little kids that God blesses you with. You and Davis have so much to give, and will make amazing parents. God will bring you exactly the right children--I am totally confident of this. We are praying for you, and saving the baby stuff!
XOXO,
Betsy