Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Want to Help a Gogo?





There are so many wonderful groups to get involved with if we are going to do something to help sub-Saharan Africa. It has been described as a "continent on fire" because of the many ways this region has been ravaged by disease and poverty. Here is one organization that helps fund "gogos". Gogos are the grandmothers in a community. These women will often be raising multiple children who have lost their parents to HIV/AIDS. I read about being able to help sell handbags made by Gogos. I think that could go over really well in my community. There are lots of small shops that sell specialty items like that at pretty high prices. Ebay or Etsy could also be a cool way to sell those. That's another project I need to look into!


http://www.gogograndmothers.com/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah and Davis!
I found your blog about gogos from a Google Alert I have for gogo grandmother.

I am the US co ordinator for Gogo Grandmothers and if you ever want to know more just contact me at
leslie@gogograndmothers.com or 1 760 500-4311

I loved reading your blog!
His blessings, Leslie Lewis