Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Will They Be Cute?

During the long plane ride to Ireland for our kidmoon trip, I was finishing up Red Letters. One thing (among MANY) that I have been scared of is that day we will actually see our kids' pictures. I have been very afraid that maybe I won't think the kids are cute. It's horrible to admit that but I have been worried about how I will feel on an emotional level when I see those pics we have been waiting so many MONTHS to see. At the very end of the book, Tom Davis talks about beginning the adventure of living a life devoted to Christ - a "red letters, hope giving life". He says that this journey is one "you will never forget because of the people you will meet. And believe it or not - you'll recognize every one of them. They look just like Jesus." That hit me so hard. I realized that I will love my children when I see them (and see them as beautiful) because I will see Jesus in them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You totally will. Remember when Lily was born and had the lupus rash all over her face? I hardly noticed it. And I felt totally possessive, like mama bear, if someone commented on it. They are going to be the children that God picked just for you guys to raise and to love. And you will see that immediately. I don't think the unconditional love that you feel as a parent will be any different than if you'd birthed them yourself. :)