Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Lord Is Faithful

Psalm 27:13 says "I am confident of this: I will see the the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." We have seen that today. We just got word that we have been given a short court date - in TWO DAYS. Our case will be heard THIS THURSDAY, 2/19. We have seen the promises of God fulfilled. We know that this would not have happened had God not "made a road in the wilderness" (Isaiah 43:19) for our family. God and God alone parted our "Red Sea" when all seemed lost. We rejoice in that today and give God the glory for the great things He alone has done. We would now ask that you pray once again for our THIRD court date on Thursday. If we pass, the little ladies will finally be ours.

"Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped."
Psalm 28:6-7

16 comments:

~Laura~ said...

Praying for you guys! Isn't this so exciting. :)

Monica said...

God is faithful! We are so excited! Our new court date is Thursday as well. :) Praying with you and for you.

Anonymous said...

YES! YES! YES! We are celebrating here in NY for you guys and will PRAY on Thursday! Bring them home Lord!!
All the glory to Him, Leslie & Kevin McDermott

emily said...

Such great news! Praise the Lord for His good gifts.

Meggan Lambesis said...

Wow, God is so amazing! I will continue to pray for your new date. This is SO exciting!

More Dorrs said...

YAY!!!!

Rebecca said...

Praying, praying, praying!

Holly said...

just want to let you guys know that every time I see a little Ethiopian face in my classroom I pray for your family...and will continue to until your girls come home.

Rob Fredericks said...

Sending prayers from Venice, Italy!

~ Rob & Shannon

The Kincaid Family said...

Praise the Lord!

I am praying for you all!

Laura (Kraft) Kincaid

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear! We will be praying! Love, Steph

Jebena said...

Keep Praising and Exalting HIM!!!!
You have a greater testimony coming because this is only the beginning of what our LORD is doing through your family!

coffeemom said...

Praying for you all, how exciting. God is SO good, all the time! Wow! Love M

Heath Family said...

The Lord is faithful indeed. We will be praying for you on Thursday.:)

Christina said...

third time is a charm! praying for you guys!

Lori S said...

I can't wait to hear how court went! So glad it was moved to a earlier date--hope and pray that you pass and will get to bring your daughters home soon!