Thursday, February 5, 2009

Still Believing...

I just called and cancelled our plane tickets to Ethiopia this weekend. We are still believing God for a miracle next week when the court will rule on whether or not to give us a new expedited court date. Interestingly enough, today the entry in my Streams in the Desert devotional focused on the verse "You will not leave in haste" (Isaiah 52:12). I couldn't believe that when I read it. Talk about relevant to the day I had to cancel plane tickets! The author writes, "You may be sure that God will never say to us 'Stand still', 'Sit still', or 'Be still' unless He is going to do something."

So for today, we are still - waiting for God's intervention to deliver our girls. Please pray with us vigilantly that the hearts of those in power will be softened next week and that all obstacles will be removed to allow our girls (and the many other children affected by this) to "come forth" to forever homes.

It's raining now and today I'm finishing up packing the girls' suitcase so we are ready when God moves. I had to rebook different dates in order to keep the free tickets we got with the donated airline miles. It was hard to know how to approach this given that there are still so many unknowns right now. The airline had tickets available on March 10th and so I booked them. Wouldn't it be cool if that date worked out perfectly?

6 comments:

Kimberly Kulp said...

You don't know me but we are going through the SAME THING! We received our referral in Sept and have failed twice. We are now awaiting new paperwork and an expedited court date. I KNOW how hard this is, how much you are aching for your little ones. This is my prayer for you.

5"Because(G) the poor are plundered, because the needy groan,
(H) I will now arise," says the LORD;
"I will place him in the(I) safety for which he longs."
Psalm 12

Praying for you!
Kim
thekulpfamily@blogspot.com

FRANSZTASTIC said...

Sarah, I will keep praying for you and a miracle for God to bring your girls home safely and soon. Hang in there, cling to Him, as I know you are. Love, Jessica

Debi said...

Sarah and Davis,
I just found your blog today through the Kulp blog. I am now praying for you and your girls.
Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi
Beaverton, OR

Faith said...

I heard this song and thought of you.
May God be will you today.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=409dd854ebeaea7db546

Anonymous said...

We have not even gotten a court date yet - still playing the paper chase. Two weeks waiting for a paper has turned into 10 weeks so I know I will have to build my faith up and you are both great examples. Prayed for you all this morning and then picked up the Daily Bread. Todays passage entitled Rise Up! Jesus' resurrection proved that He is greater than the greatest obstacle.

becky said...

I stumbled upon your blog as well, as we are going through the same thing too! MANY families got pushed aside a week ago and court cases were not heard. Ours included. We have waited patiently for over 1 year for our precious 7 and 8 year old daughters to come home. Jan 30th was our first court date, and to not even have it heard was absolutely crushing. Know that we stand alongside you praying the same prayers. I have found strength in Romans 12:12 rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, constant in prayer.
we are waiting for a new court assignment too-- i will continue to follow your journey as well!