Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Sweet Little Story



I just ironed my outfit and put out all of the necessities I'll need for my first day back at work tomorrow. It reminds me of what I used to do before the first day of school every year. I guess once a nerd, always a nerd! God must have a sense of humor - and want me to rely on Him more - because He, in His divine providence that I don't always understand, signed Superdaddy up for a random last minute business trip to Texas that just happened to coincide with my first two days back at work. Less than ideal in my humble opinion but we will just have to make due. God doesn't give us more than we can handle, right? Given all that is going on in Camp Chaos right now, I really don't have time to blog but I couldn't help but share the sweetest little story that happened today.

I was feeding the Little Ladies lunch as usual this afternoon. I took their plates to the table and then went back for mine. As I was heading back from the kitchen I called over the girls and said "Don't forget me, girls! Don't forget Mommy!" I was just joking when I said this to keep them from eating before I got back to the table but Junia replied in absolute seriousness, "Mommy, Junia never forget you! Junia never forget Mommy. Never."

Who needs dessert after that? Talk about a precious Mommy moment.

4 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow, talk about melt your heart! have a great day back in the office tomorrow.

Christy and Drew said...

Ahhhh.... Thanks for sharing! God is good... All the time! :)

Debi said...

Awwwe... So sweet! I also loved the adorable photo.Love and hugs and prayers,
Debi

Jon Ryan and Christy said...

ok that made me cry. she adores you and it is precious