Monday, January 18, 2010

My New "Favorite Book Ever"


This is the best book ever. An absolute must-read. It's written by the President and CEO of International Justice Mission, Gary Haugen. If I could start my professional life over, I'd become a lawyer and work for these guys. They do amazing work. I just ordered a copy of their At the End of Slavery materials (for only $15!). I'm planning on hosting some casual house party get-togethers to screen the IJM film At The End of Slavery. A movie over dessert with friends is the least I can do to raise awareness in our community about the plight of so many who suffer worldwide. There are so many more things I want to say about this book - and about God's heart for justice - but I am on Day 4 of "single mom-ing" with Super Dad stranded out of town thanks to bad weather on a backpacking trip. More to come later. Read this book.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

i'll be checking these two resources out. when is the movie premiering?

praying your hubby gets home safely!

Zoe said...

Knew about IJM but not about the book -thanks!